Chanukah doesn't have to be about fried latkes all the time. Get in the spirit and try different mocks of latkes like this meat version! To entertain cut slices and serve or create individual circles with a dollop of meat mixture! A little hot sauce does some justice here as well according to my Moroccan roots :)
2 spiralized zucchini
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 pound Ground Turkey
1 small onion diced
2 small garlic cloves minced
1 can tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
1 Tablespoon Low Sodium Taco seasoning
salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400f
2. In a pot boil water and blanch zucchini for 1 minute. Drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
3.Mix in a bowl zucchini , egg, garlic powder and salt.
4. On a sprayed parchment paper with your hands pat down to form a thin circle about 1/4 inch thick. Spray top of zucchini with pam and bake until edges are golden brown.
5. In a saute pan drop tbsp of olive oil and pan fry the onion , garlic , salt and add in turkey. Cook and fold until all meat is thoroughly cooked.
6. In a pot bring tomato sauce to a boil and add in paste, oregano, salt, taco seasoning. Simmer for 30 minutes.
TIP* Boiling tomato sauce and simmering for a long period of time releases the canned taste from the tomato sauce I can recommend to use organic tomato sauce in a can.
7. On a plate lay the latkes and let it cook so it doesn't get soggy when mixture is on top.
8. In a bowl mix meat mixture and tomato sauce mixture and dollop on top of latkes.