Curry Butternut Squash Rice
I am a big fan of gourmet rich foods and when it comes to Rice I am a very picky eater. It can't be bland and it's got to have lots of flavor. I rely on spices , herbs and natural whole foods to make my brown rice stand out. Here was a list of improv we had at school at the Natural Gourmet Institute in NYC where we learn to cook with wholesome ingredients. So when I say its rich you got to try it!
1 cup brown rice rinsed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup rapidly boiling water.
1 cup acorn squash half peeled Brunoised ( cut into small little squares)
1/8 tsp coriander
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp cardamom grinded
1/8 tsp turmeric
1/8 tsp salt
Tbsp olive oil
*Optional to use Cumin instead of spices listed.
1 lime zested
Preheat oven to 400f
1. Air toast the rice in a 1 quart size pot for 3-5 minutes till water has dried out , add in salt and stir.
2. Add in 1 3/4 cup boiling water to rice ( do not stir and cover right away)
3. Let rice cook for approx 30 minutes makinf sure not to stir or keep opening to let steam out. ( to check if water has evaporated tilt the pot) stirring can cause rice to stick together.
4. Meanwhile prepare squash and spices on a parchment paper and toss with olive oil. Bake squash until toasted and crunchy tossing in between.
5. Toss and fluff rice after it has cooled and mix squash together and blend in zest . You can add juice for extra flavor.
Enjoy this amazing recipe that I have created and always send pictures and feedback!
Plus you can always find motivation and more recipes on my instagram @flavorful_fit and you can message me for any recipes you are looking for ! Enjoy