Vegan Cream Glazed Chocolate Donuts and Toasted Coconut
Drop your phone and do these donuts right now!
Stuck on a glaze recipe for a cookie or a healthy alternative to pudding or rice pudding?
Do you miss your childhood fave cozy shacks?
Or maybe you keep dreaming about chocolate glazed donuts from the famous Dunkin Donuts himself.
Learn how to make a healthy alternative to buttermilk you will be amazed!
This is an awesome addition to your hanukkah table! Send in photos and let me know on your feedback !
1 Can of Unsweetened coconut milk
2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
1 Teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons Whole wheat flour or any other preferable flour like almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons of coconut sugar or any other sweetener
2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350f
2. Spray a donut pan preferably a silicone one to prevent sticking. In a small pot place coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and whisk on high heat till it starts to boil. Lower flame to medium and let it cook until liquid reduces to half and starts to coat the back of the spoon very well. It should be a heavy cream consistency. After that's done place in a bowl and refrigerate to speed up thickening process.
3. Meanwhile in a cup place almond milk and lemon juice and let it sit to create the buttermilk effect.
4. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, soda, powder, sugar whisk and add in wet ingredients oil, and buttermilk cup. Mix batter well and pour in donut molds making sure not to cover the center hole.
5. Bake donuts until firm to touch or use a toothpick and see if it comes out with no residue from the batter.
6. On a wire rack sitting on a sheet tray drizzle the chilled cream on the donuts or just place donut in the cream and dip. Let it sit on the rack to drip excess sauce. Top off with your favorite toppings. I had used coconut flakes toasted and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!